Management Quota ADMISSION IN MD MS in 2020
The MD-MS is a course which is a dual degree graduate program awarding a candidate both a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and a Master of Science (MS). This is rather a post graduation degree programme which can be opted by candidates who want to improve and excel the skills and practices they learnt from their MBBS course.
The MD-MS programme is specially designed for the people who have an intention to pursue further clinical practice and want to improve their research skills.
This programme provides further practice in engineering designs and analysis as well.
ABOUT MD MS
The MD-MS programme is allows the students to study on the modern innovations in the health care industry and is trained by the research professionals.
This course allows the candidates to learn via distance learning, and almost every subject of study are taught online so that the professionals are free to study without leaving their job.
This is very advantageous for all the Doctors who opt for having a Post Graduation degree in order to inculcate specialized values.
WHY TO TAKE ADMISSION IN MD MS
The candidates shall take up the course of MB-MS for the following reasons:
- This helps a Doctor to have a more advanced study over the subjects’ medicine and surgery.
- This course lets a Doctor get to have a specialization in his desired stream of interest.
- The candidate must have to choose in between surgery and medicine and it is a pure matter of personal preference by the candidate, but this course is a combination of the two.
- The study of Doctor helps saving millions of lives.
- A Doctor who has finished his MB-MS gets a higher amount of salary due to his further more research under his specialization.
- After graduation of MD-MS the Doctor becomes capable of pursuing M.Ch. which is indeed a super specialty degree in surgery, if the doctor has his specialization chosen as surgery.
- Surgery and medicine have equal amount of opportunities for earning lump sum amount of money.
- A person who completes his MS will eventually become a surgeon. Whereas a person who completes his MD will eventually become a physician. Just that the responsibilities and duties will differ and surgeon gets to earn a lot more than a general physician.
ELIGIILITY FOR ADMISSION IN MD MS
There are certain eligibility conditions put out for the admission into the course of MD-MS, they are:
- The candidates must be Doctors with an MBBS course or a post graduate diploma.
- The candidates must have appeared and cleared the DNB (Diplomate of National Board).
- The candidates must have been qualified with NEET, PG in general and NRI category for the NRI students.
- The candidates must have passed the 12th standard Higher Secondary or pre university (PUC) from a recognized board- CBSE/ICSE/CVE/STATE BOARDS.
- The candidates must have studied science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Zoology/Botany.
- The candidates must have fulfilled the age limit criteria i.e. they must have attain an age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- There are certain additional eligibility criteria as mentioned by the regulatory authorities of MD MS i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The candidates must have obtained 50% marks in (PCBE) which is Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English(40% marks in the case of the candidates who belong to the reserved category) in the 12th Higher Secondary are the norms put down by the MCI.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION IN MD MS
There are different ways to get admission into the course of MBBS they are as follows:
- Entrance exams.
For getting admission into the MBBS course in India, a candidate needs to appear for the exam of National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam (NEET).
There were two other major entrance tests for admission for MBBS courses
JIPMER MBBS Exam and AIIMS MBBS Exam. However, these examinations were scrapped out in 2019 leaving out NEET the most important medical exam in India.
The NEET is the only entrance exam written for admission into MBBS course which is expected by the both the Government and private educational institutions.
Procedure for Admission in MD-MS
There are three different ways to get admission into a MD-MS course.
- Through Counselling:
The counselling is an option wherein the candidate gets to attend the counselling session from where he/she is placed into an appropriate college or university on the basis of their marks.
- Through Entrance Exams:
Another way of admission into the MD-MS course is by appearing for the Entrance exams conducted by the government of India. As of for the MD-MS course, the candidates are expected to write and pass the NEET PG Exam. As it is the only exam accepted by every Institutions across the country.
- Through Direct Admission:
The various universities and colleges across the country save some seats as reservations under the Management Quota for the candidates who are willing to pay the fees some double or triple times and also the requested amount of donation by the College or University.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MD MS
The candidates are expected to have a checklist of the following at the time of applying for admission for the course of MBBS.
- The filled out application form in original.
- The Original and Photocopy degree certificate of the previous MBBS Degree.
- The Consolidated Certificate.
- Two or more self attested copies of pass certificate as well as the original and photocopy of 10th.
- Two or more self attested copies of pass certificate as well as the original and photocopy of 11th.
- Two or more self attested copies of pass certificate as well as the original and photocopy of 12th.
- Three or more self attested copies of school and college leaving certificate.
- Copies of transfer certificate.
- Copies of migration certificate.
- I.D proof of candidates as well as their parents
- Proof of nationality or overseas citizen of India.
- Three self attested copies of the community certificate.
- Three self attested copies of English Translation of the Community Certificate (if it is in regional language).
- A few number of recently clicked passport size photographs of the candidate.
- A few number of recently clicked stamp sized photographs of the candidate.